- Unions can provide legal protection and advice. In today’s sue happy society; this protection alone can be worth becoming a member.
- Unions provide support, guidance, and advice. Most unions have a helpline that its members can call to seek advice in a variety of areas.
- Unions allow you a voice in hot educational trends, debates, and topics that you feel strongly about.
- Joining a union builds power to the bargaining position of the union for contract and labor negotiations.
- Unions provide several discount program opportunities including life insurance benefits, credit card opportunities, mortgage assistance, etc.
- Unions often provide terrific professional development opportunities for members.